There are 4 product types that you can set up in Better Clinics.
- Appointments (one off & recurring appointments)
- Appointment Packs (a pack of appointments sold for a set price. e.g. a 10 Pack of Pilates classes)
- Classes (schedule classes, allow clients to book online)
- Merchandise (like water or a yoga mat)
By adding your services and merchandise to your central products list in Better Clinics it allows you to quickly & easily record sales of each appointment or Merchandise.
You need to add products as Better Clinics uses them to link to your client sales, appointments, reports - and of course it's what you sell.
You need to add Appointment type products so you can choose these at the time of making a new booking. On the new booking screen you will need to choose a product from the Product dropdown. This then links this particular product or package to this appointment, automatically filling in the duration and cost of the appointment (we try and automate as much as we can to avoid double data entry).
You need to add Merchandise type products as you sell tangible goods also, like Yoga Matts, Sports Tape, Boxing Gloves and all sorts of great health and fitness equipment. Better Clinics allows you to sell and record payments, create customised invoices for all sorts of goods.
How to Add Products
- Click here
- Or, go to 'Settings > Products List
- Click 'Add Product' button.
- Add the Name of the Service or Product
- Then complete the Product details including Type (Appointment, Appointment Pack, Class or Merchandise), cost, custom product category (e.g consults), whether tax is applicable and add a description if you like. Save the new product.
- Assign Locations for Product - if you have more than 1 Location, you can decide if you want all locations to sell the product, or just 1. Select the locations that can sell this product.
- Assign Team Members for Product - if you have more than 1 Team Member, you can decide if you want all Team Members to sell the product, or just 1. Select the Team Members that can sell this product. i.e. If you don't want Sarah (your physiotherapist) to booked for the Massage appointment service your adding, don't select Sarah. The appointment then won't be listed when adding to the calendar.
Other options when adding Products:
- Categories - add one or many categories to a product. This will help to find products faster and categorise products for POS
- Inventory (In Stock) - add inventory counts for products. Every time an item sells the counts will adjust to give real time inventory counts.
- Favourites - Favourite your appointment products so they then appear at the top of your appointment list when making a new appointment. A great way to make appointment setting faster when you have alot of services on offer.
- Add Product Image - add a product image and the image will appear on your Retail Point of Sale. Learn more about Point of Sale >
- Online Booking Product Name - If you want clients to see a different product name when booking online, other than your default, add that name here. This allows you to have internal referenced name and a friendlier client product name for online booking.
- Online Booking Product Description - if you want to add a specific description for Online Booking
- Show description on Invoice - select this checkbox if you want the product description to display under this item on a client's invoice.
- Archive - archive a product you no longer sell quickly, switch the product from 'Active' to 'Archived' and Save. All historic sales will remain, but this item won't be included in your Appointment/Service list when making new appointments, and the same for selling Merchandise.
- List in POS? - If the product added is Merchandise or an Appointment pack, this can be selected to be Listed In POS. Select the toggle.
- Product Colour - select a colour for the Appointment box in the calendar
For an Appointment (one off & recurring appointments)
If adding an Appointment product enter the Product Title, Type (Appointment), Appointment Duration (minutes), Cost, Inclusive/Exclusive or no Tax, and Tax Amount and Product Description. Click Save.
Tip: You can also add the item code for an appointment in the Product Name. e.g. Physiotherapy Initial Consult (500)
For an Appointment Pack (set of appointments)
If adding an Appointment Package enter the Product Title, Type (Appointment Package), Appointment Duration (minutes), Number of appointments in the pack, Package Cost, Inclusive/Exclusive or no Tax, and Tax Amount. Click Save.
If adding an Appointment product enter the Product Title, Type (Appointment), Appointment Duration (minutes), Cost, Maximum Clients, Inclusive/Exclusive or no Tax, and Tax Amount and Product Description. Click Save.
For a Merchandise Product (usually physical products like water or a yoga mat)
If adding Merchandise enter Product Title, Description, Type (Goods), Price, In Stock (inventory) Inclusive/Exclusive or no Tax, and Tax Amount. Click Save.
How to Edit Products
You can edit any products by clicking on the product you want to edit, modify and Save.
Once Added -
- You can see all your products added anytime by going to Settings > Products
- You can edit your products at any time by clicking on the product you would like to edit
- After you edit a product, any past sales will not change, but future sales of that product will. i.e. for future price increases sales will be at the new price
- You can delete products in your products list. Any past sales will not be affected.
- You can see how many of each product you have sold.
- For Merchandise you can manage Inventory using the 'In Stock' feature. Add the items in stock and as you sell these items the inventory will be reduced accordingly. When you get new stock in, 'Edit Stock', adjust the inventory and Save.
- Once you have added a product you can edit them to adjust any of the settings. You might update the name of the product you sell or you've come around to increasing your prices. You can do that at any stage.
How does Better Clinics handle sales of merchandise and appointments? What's the difference?
- Better Clinics manages the sales process differently for appointments and merchandise.
- Appointments (single, recurring, group, classes and packs) need to be added to the calendar, once added as a appointment an unpaid sale of this appointment product is added to your list of sales.
- Merchandise can be added as a sale at the time of paying for an appointment, or by clicking on the Add Product Sale button - either in the header or on the sales screen. Merchandise can also be sold using Retail Point of Sale
Next > Add Clients
< Back Add Team Members