To accept Stripe payments for online bookings 'Online Booking' must first be setup in your account.
Once you have setup your clinic online booking, these are the steps to accept Stripe payments:
- Go here
- Or go to Settings > Online Booking > Manage
- Select 'Enable Payment for Online Bookings'
- Once you have done this, online payments 'Powered by Stripe' will be available for your clients when they book online into your calendar.
- Optional: Make it optional for clients to pay when making appointments by selecting the 'Allow clients to Skip Payment' checkbox when setting up Online Booking. If this is selected, in addition to seeing the Stripe Credit Card Checkout form there will be a 'Skip Payment' button. The client can click this to skip payment when making an online booking.
What will the client see during online booking payment?
It's easy for your clients to pay for appointments using Stripe when booking online.
- When Stripe is on, a new small payment form 'Add payment details' will be added. The form includes the these details: Name on Card, Credit Card Number, Expiry (MM/YY), CVV
- When these details are added by your client and they click 'Pay & Confirm' the payment will be processed in real time.
- Funds will be sent to your Stripe account
- Your client will be taken to the Confirmation screen with a successful payment message.
A client has paid for an appointment online using Stripe, what happens now?
- An Invoice will be sent directly to the Client once they have booking and paid using Stripe. There will be no remaining balance for this invoice. The payment method recorded will be 'Stripe - Online Booking', you can report on this payment method in the payments report.
- You will need to CONFIRM the appointment either by clicking on the appointment in the calendar or going to the 'Pending Bookings' screen and confirming.
- After you have confirmed the appointment, the appointment will be marked as 'Paid' in the Calendar & Invoices screen. The appointment will also be updated to the Paid Appointment Colour if there is one setup.
View & Manage Better Clinics Payments in Stripe
- Once the payment has been processed you can see the transaction in your Stripe account.
- A payment will be seen to the value of the appointment and with some details on the client and the date of appointment. e.g. ClientFirstName ClientLastName - Online Booking 9/03/2020. The email address of the client will also be added to the transaction details.
Tags: Online Bookings, Payments, Credit Cards, Stripe